0 items Join Now

SOLVED Question for anyone on AMP for Joomla 4

• Twiggliscious
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Joomla KungFu!!!

SOLVED Question for anyone on AMP for Joomla 4

Posted 8 months 1 day ago
    • RT Community,

Any chance AMP will be built in...to make google worship easier...love google...and a bit of loathing...built in AMP for joomla 4 would be awesome...

I do a lot of SEO...SEM...curious if J4 will have AMP built in...

Use JAmp currently...but would love for it to just be built in...

Thoughts anyone...

Michael

• Mike-

"Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be." – Mandalorian saying...
    • Matt
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • messin' with stuff

Re: SOLVED Question for anyone on AMP for Joomla 4

Posted 7 months 4 weeks ago
    • It's a template thing honestly... relevant discussion to an official J4 Amp Template here:

github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/15150

RocketTheme is going to continue to be Gantry based and use Gantry core principles and practices of which I've seen no plans to add anything AMP to. I don't know enough about AMP to say how easy it would be extend Gantry core things to do AMP or if you could potentially do it all from the Template layer but in either scenario Gantry has a very powerful override system in place and you can override everything in template and most-things in Gantry from your /custom/ folder as you see fit.
    • Last Edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by Matt.
    • The following users have thanked you: Twiggliscious

• SEARCH the forum first! These boards are rich in knowledge and vast in topics :woohoo:
    • Twiggliscious
    • Elite Rocketeer
    • Joomla KungFu!!!

Re: SOLVED Question for anyone on AMP for Joomla 4

Posted 7 months 4 weeks ago
    • Matt,

Thanks for the link...yeah, Google is an interesting animal. People may or may not develop for AMP...but until Google decides it's not important, it will have an impact on SEO, SEM, and SERPs...it's a daily thorn in my side.

Oh well...I had high hopes...

Michael

• Mike-

"Nobody cares who your father was, only the father you'll be." – Mandalorian saying...

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds