Welcome Guest! Login
0 items Join Now

SOLVED Loadmodule inside a Joomla article particle is not rendered

• Carl L.
    • Sr. Rocketeer

SOLVED Loadmodule inside a Joomla article particle is not rendered

Posted 9 months 2 weeks ago
    • Hello,

I have created a standard Joomla Search module and published it. When inserting it in a Flux template outline layout as a module it is rendered on the corresponding page. It is also rendered when inserting it as {loadmoduleid 123} in the home page article that is diplayed in the Page Content particle. However, when it is inserted as {loadmoduleid 123} in an article that is displayed on a page through a Joomla Article particle (in which the Display/Text Formating option = HTML), the module is *not* rendered and just appears as plain text {loadmodule 123} in the article. Is that expected behaviour? Can the module be rendered by specifying additional parameters in the Joomla Article particle settings?

Any help would be appreciated.

Flux v 1.1.2, Joomla 3.9.13, Gantry 5.4.31.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

Re: SOLVED Loadmodule inside a Joomla article particle is not rendered

• Please post url, superuser ID and password in the secure tab of your reply and I will look for you.

Regards, Mark.
    • Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Carl L.
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• This message contains only secure information that is visible to MrT, moderators and administrators
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• You did not have "prepare content" enabled in the "joomla articles" particle (see screenshot) I have now enabled it and it now works.

Regards, Mark.

Incidently using loadposition and loadmodule is really bad practice as it makes sites a nightmare to maintain. it would be better to use a module position and assign the module to that. I would also advise against the use of "module instance" particle too for similar reasons.

Regards, Mark.
    • The following users have thanked you: Carl L.

• Please search forums before posting. Please make sure your post includes the version of the CMS you are using and a link to the problem. Annotations on screenshots can also be helpful to explain problems/goals. Please use the "secure" tab for confidential information.
    • Carl L.
    • Sr. Rocketeer

• Thank you, Mark, especially for the advice re. good practice! The reason why I included the search module in the article is that I wanted to ensure that it stays in direct proximity of the text in the article and not get displaced by the application of breakpoints in mobile devices.
    • MrT
    • Preeminent Rocketeer
    • Web Designer/Developer

• As long as the module position that you add is to the right or beneatch the "page content" particle then then search module will remain adjacent to the article text regardsless of viewport.

Regards, Mark.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds